our mission & vision
To create comfortable, functional, versatile products that empower women to boldly pursue their dreams by bringing ease to their daily lives.
Our products are made in the USA with fair labor practices using high-quality, eco-conscious materials and packaging.
- no status quo: We believe in challenging the status quo. Just because it's easier and cheaper to design products with removable cups doesn't mean it's what women want and need! If you see something you don't like in the world - change it. If not you, then who?
- get shit done; you won't regret it: We create comfortable apparel to enable women to do uncomfortable things: take that risk, challenge yourself, aim higher. We believe in you - so go out there and get some shit done! You won't regret it.
- make intentional choices: Our goal is to produce high-quality products in a fair, sustainable manner in order to minimize our impact on the environment. Comfyist's products are a great choice if you want to avoid cheap, low-quality, ill-fitting basics made in sweatshops contributing to landfill waste and harming the environment.
- MKE Startup News - A Series on Comfyist
- BizJournals Inno Profile - The next Spanx? Milwaukee entrepreneur launches Comfyist, an athleisure apparel line with integrated bra cups.
our brand story
Hello, I'm Amy, the founder of Comfyist! I’m a wife to Nick and a mother to two wonderful kids, Desi and Gabi.
For the first 15 years of my career, I dedicated myself to Human Resources. In 2016, I became a mom and launched my first business, Bravent HR Consulting. It was successful, but eventually I felt a yearning to try something new.
As a mom and athlete, I’ve always been a big fan of “comfy clothes.” When I became an entrepreneur, I swapped business attire for athleisure most days. There’s just one issue in my love affair with athleisure: removable bra cups are the bane of my existence! They fall out or fold over and get dented. Fixing the cups easily adds 10 minutes to the already dreaded chore of doing laundry. Every woman I know is annoyed by it!
That’s why, in April of 2021, I started Comfyist to create products with sewn-in bra cups. It took over two years of relentless development and testing to create our first product, the Comfyist Cami. It’s designed for all-day comfort and made in the USA with fair labor practices using high-quality, eco-conscious materials and packaging. We plan to create more products in a variety of styles, fabrics, and colors.
Shifting from HR consulting to the fashion industry was a big leap for me! I truly had no clue how to design and manufacture apparel. That’s why Comfyist represents so much more to me than eliminating removable bra cups. It's about taking that leap of faith and venturing beyond your comfort zone. It's about the power of bringing an idea to life. It's about taking action when you see something you don't like.
I hope you love our products as much as I do, and that my story inspires you to chase down your dreams or try something new. If I can do it, you can too!
Wishing you the best!